Snowman's Reindeer in
Canton, IL 309-647-0569
Snowman's Reindeer Farm in Canton, IL
Snowman's Reindeer Farm is a small family farm owned by two retired teachers who love Christmas.
The farm is centered around education and embracing the spirit of Christmas.
SNOWMAN'S REINDEER FARM
25599 East Middle Lake Road
Canton IL 61520 US
THINGS TO DO:
• DELIGHT in visiting SANTA'S REINDEER
• HAVE FUN taking holiday photos at our many picture spots
• LEARN about reindeer from our staff and exhibits
• SHOP at the Jolly Old Elf Shoppe
• CREATE a free coloring project - kids (take-home during COVID-19 restrictions)
• WATCH the guineas and chickens as they free range around the farm
• MEET Jingle & Jangle - our sweet mini-donkey sisters
• ENJOY a special treat from the Flying Reindeer Snack Bar (additional charge)
• VISIT SANTA (he will be behind plexiglass shield at his workbench due to COVID-19)
• MEET Scott & Tracy Snowman - Owners of Snowman's Reindeer Farm and Authors
of four children's books (available for purchase at the farm)
ONLINE RESERVATION ONLY FOR 2020
Be sure to read all policies and procedures below before booking your reservations.
RESERVATIONS NOW OPEN - CLICK the RESERVATIONS BUTTON
to see dates and times available
NOVEMBER Farm Visit - $10.00
DECEMBER Farm Visit - $12.00
CHRISTMAS EVE Farm Visit - $15.00
Prices per person. Under age 1 is FREE
ALWAYS CHECK OUR WEBSITE OR FACEBOOK PAGE BEFORE TRAVEL TO ENSURE UP TO DATE INFORMATION. CLOSURES ARE POSSIBLE DUE TO WEATHER AND/OR COVID-19
PLEASE NOTE: NO large passenger vans (over 15) or buses allowed.
We cannot accommodate these types of vehicles.
2020 VISITOR POLICIES, TERMS and CONDITIONS
This farm practices Illinois Department of Public Health approved safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, we follow the guidelines of the Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
DO NOT purchase tickets to visit unless you agree to abide by the policies, guidelines, terms and conditions listed below. Refusing to follow these guidelines may result in denied entry. Anyone exhibiting hostile, rude or unruly behavior toward Snowman's Reindeer Farm staff will be required to leave the property.
- Face coverings required by all staff and visitors age 2 and up.
- Visitors required to sanitize shoes upon entry. (Foot bath is an industrial tray with bleach-based solution to sterilize. With small children, allow time to walk off the solution before picking.)
- Visitors are required to sanitize hands (provided at entry and throughout the property).
- Visitors showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not enter.
- 6' distancing between household groups must be followed.
- Visitors will proceed in one direction throughout the farm stations.
SAFETY AND BEHAVIOR REQUIREMENTS
- NO hitting, poking or yelling at animals or staff.
- NO reaching into pens or throwing objects in pens.
- NO unsupervised petting or feeding of animals.
- NO climbing, horseplay or running on property.
- NO pets or animals allowed. Service animals are allowed, but visitors are to alert the Ticket Booth Attendant upon arrival so that one of the farm owners can provide special assistance. Reindeer are prey animals and see dogs as a predator. Donkeys naturally view dogs as a threat as well. Both reindeer and donkeys can become extremely frightened and hurt themselves trying to get away from other animals. To keep our animals safe and calm, service animals will not be able to enter dwellings where animals are in a confined space for exhibition.
- NO outside food or drinks.
- NO smoking or vaping on property, including parking lots.
- NO entry after hours.
- NO littering. All trash must be placed in marked garbage containers.
- Keep head behind fence at all times.
- Visitors must stay in designated common areas of the farm.
- We DO NOT force our animals to pose for pictures or do anything they don't want to.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PROTECT STAFF AND VISITORS
- We conduct pre-shift health screenings with our employees.
- Premises is routinely sanitized.
- We are operating at 25% capacity.
- We are requiring ONLINE ticket sales with staggered entry times to reduce numbers and physical contact with visitors.
- Plexiglass shields are in place for all employees at their stations.
- Interactive surface exhibits such as crafts and games are suspended for the 2020 season.
- Sitting on Santa's lap will be suspended for the 2020 season, but Santa will be in his workshop and available for visiting and pictures behind a plexiglass shield.
- The Little Reindeer Railway will be CLOSED for the 2020 season.
- No indoor seating will be available.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL VISITOR INFORMATION TO PLAN YOUR VISIT